Marriage License Information:
Click here for MARRIAGE LICENSE INFORMATION.doc (This information is an itemized list of what is required and needed to apply for a marriage license in Oconee County.)
Click here for REQUEST FOR CERTIFIED COPY OF MARRIAGE LICENSE FILED.doc (This is the request form to mail into our office to obtain a copy of a marriage license we have on file here in Oconee County.)
Mental Health Information:
Click here for Procedures for Involuntary Committal for Mentally Ill and Chemically Dependent Persons.doc
IF YOU ARE NEEDING TO START A PROBATE PROCEEDING IT IS NECESSARY (AND REQUIRED) FOR YOU TO CALL AND
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH ONE OF OUR JUDICIAL ASSISTANTS.
**We require appointments to be made so that we may serve you and others in a timely and considerate manner. The number for you to call is 864-364-5275.
A letter from the Judge: CAN I MEET WITH THE JUDGE.docx
Click Here for Probate Court Forms: Then use 'Search #1: Forms By Court Type', scroll down to 'Probate Court' and hit 'Submit'.
Click Here for the link to purchase "The South Carolina Personal Representative Handbook" by Elizabeth Patrick Coleman, Esquire
The Probate Court of Oconee County provides the following services for our community:
- Estates of decedents, including the contest of wills, and determination of heirs and successors of decedents and estates of protected persons;
- Protection of minors, except the jurisdiction over the care, custody, and control of the persons of minors is governed by Section 62-5-201 and incapacitated persons;
- Trusts inter vivos or testamentary, including the appointment of successor trustees;
- The issuance of marriage licenses, in form as provided by the Bureau of Vital Statistics of the Department of Health and Environmental Control; record, index, and dispose of copies of marriage certificates; and issue certified copies of the licenses and certificates;
- The performance of the duties of the clerk of the circuit and family courts of the county in which the probate court is held when there is a vacancy in the office of clerk of court;
- Involuntary commitment of persons suffering from mental illness, mental retardation, alcoholism, drug addiction, and active pulmonary tuberculosis.
Click Here to view frequently asked questions dealing with Probate: QandA.docx
Guardianship and Conservatorship Information:
We offer the protection of minors, (except the jurisdiction over the care, custody, and control of the persons of minors), and incapacitated persons under the format of Conservatorships and Guardianships. Please see below for more information on how to obtain these.
Check out these brochures for more information regarding Conservatorships and Guardianships:
Conservatorship Brochure.docx - Requirements and Information dealing with the process of obtaining a Conservatorship for Incapacitated Adults or Minors.
Guardianship Brochure.docx - Requirements and Information dealing with the process of obtaining Guardianship for Incapacitated Adults.
Click Here to view frequently asked questions dealing with Guardianships and Conservatorships: QandAonGC.docx
Oconee County Probate Court Fees and Costs.docx (Itemized List of our Court Fees as well as additional Fees)